Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Winter King (Weathermages of Mystral, #1) By C.L. Wilson

The Winter King (Weathermages of Mystral, #1)The Winter King by C.L. Wilson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow!!!! simply amazing.

I have delayed reading this book for a while, but I'm both glad I did and not so glad. It has surpassed all my expectations, for it was that phenomenal, I was happy that I delayed it because it gave you the feeling it won't be an easy book to walk by, and it wasn't. I was not happy that I delayed because after I got int the book I just couldn't stop, the story was so compelling, so picturesque and vivid that I wanted to see those people in real life, their palaces, and everything.

The Heroine was a heroine from the beginning of the book till the very end, and for a change she saved the day, not prince charming, well in this case not King charming. My feelings for her varied through the book, from sympathy toward what she suffered at the hands of her father, and the continuous attempt on her life, to pride for every time she faced everything head on. I loved her attitude toward Krysti the orphan boy, who was more of her shadow and more of a brother than her actually brother might ever be. I loved how she expressed her wants with her husband, and how she did everything for him.

The Hero was like a ticking bomb, counting the days till the end of the countdown. I liked how he was so enthralled by the Heroine. At the beginning his distrust and hatred were understandable, but I disliked the insistent nagging that stayed with him to the very end, he should have gone with his gut feeling and trusted the Heroine was faithful to him, but it was logical all the same and gave the story the twists and curves it needed, and I was eternally grateful to the author that she didn't prolong the mis-consumption of the betrayal long like some authors do. I liked how he amended his behaviors at the middle of the book, and how he could never deny his desire for her. In most books in the climax scene it's always the heroine who is in danger but I liked how the author reversed the playing roles, having the heroine save the day.

- I'm really curious to see the Hero or any Winterfolk in real, cause never in any book I read have a hero crossed over 6 feet something, but this one was over 7 feet, I can't imagine how big of a giant her was

- I want to point how I really hate Hate her father and just want to kill him

- The feeling I have toward her brother can only be called disgust

- And I wish I was half as strong as the Heroine, she might be my idol for sometime.

Overall, *10 thumps up*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment