Sunday, March 15, 2015

Only Enchanting (The Survivors' Club, #4) By Mary Balogh

Only Enchanting (The Survivors' Club, #4)Only Enchanting by Mary Balogh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Finally!!!! I've waited a long while for this one, and to get to listen to it being narrated by Rosalyn Landor! that's just the best ^^

Since The Survivor's Club was my first series by Mary Balogh its kinda special to me, as I have mentioned in my previous reviews, I'm a person who values the bonds between people, especially strangers, and the survivor's club is the embodiment of that: Six men and one woman, all wounded in the Napoleonic Wars, their friendship forged during their recovery at Penderris Hall in Cornwall.

This book was about Flavian, I was a bit curious about him, thinking maybe his stammer was something that he suffered psychologically like maybe he was like Imogen, Lady Barclay who witness the torture of her husband but in his case he was tortured and witness the deed being done t his friends and men, but turns out it was different. What he suffered wasn't something small or trivial, not just the wound that incapacitated him but also what has happened to him from his family, his friends and his fiancee. I was happy for him fr having his friends at the survivors club, even though in this series Mary Balogh didn't focus on the sexual part of the romance but on the issues and thoughts of the couple. I kinda knew at first he didn't marry her just for revenge and that it didn't even cross his mind, but to have kept the truth from her and leaving his wife to the clutches of the predators was a bit cruel.

I liked Agnes, like all the wives of the members of the Survivor's club she got spunk and backbone of steal. I liked how simple and lovely and kind she was, and how brave she was to the whole marriage idea and the horrid ordeal of meeting his family, which believe me wasn't a beautiful sight. But as I said she got spunk and backbone, so she faced everything head on, even when she the circumstances seemed to throw a problem after the other at her face.

- I hated the ex fiancee, she was such a conniving bitch

- Hated his mom and sister, because how could they bring and welcome the ex after she just ditched his at his worst years ago.

- I liked her sister with the Duke, I kinda hoped something might develop between the two but alas .. *sigh*

- I LOVED his attachment to the club members especially their youngest and the moments he held back tears for the sake of his friend.

- I Loved the last couple of chapters and how She fixed everything, he started to get back his memories, his stammer marginally disappeared, his faced his guilt regarding his brother. Yeah she brought his happiness and love .. Finally.

- I can't wait to see his friends reaction regarding the disappearing of his stammer XD

Overall, *thumps up*



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment