Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Spinster and The Earl By Beverly Adam

The Spinster and The EarlThe Spinster and The Earl by Beverly Adam
My rating: 3 of 5 stars


It took me forever to write a review for this book because I got distracted with other books and life XD

At first I was so looking forward toward the book and was looking for it like crazy, but after I found it and started I kinda dragged my feet at the beginning to finish it.

What I didn't like about this book is that it had a lot of inner thought and not enough dialogue between the characters, especially the main couple, and at times I didn't know who's POV I was reading, it was a bit confusing at time, I mean the switch between the monologue of each character, from a paragraph to the other, but here it was a bit unclear. Which eventually led me to skip couple of pages here and there just to get to gist of it XD

- But I liked how eventually the relationship between the couple evolved, from enemies to friends to lovers.

- My favorite part actually was when her ex-fiancée came and at the right moment the earl came to the rescue, it a cliché and not that important for the story as a whole but I don't why I loved it here.

- I just wished that there was an epilogue about the wedding or after that it would have been lovely XD

- Loved the part of the rescue at the end when he was with her dad to get her back XD

Overall, *thumps up*



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment