Friday, November 14, 2014

Desire By Amanda Quick

DesireDesire by Amanda Quick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm sorry to say that I have read better books by Amanda Quick than this one. My complains are based dolely upon the characters nothing else, the writing, the mystery and the thrill of the events were as expected of Amanda Quick.

For one I really didn't like Lady Clarre, she kept on rejecting Gareth since the beginning, and she didn't even have a sound reason for that. Plus she kept on saying she hates over-bearing brutes , but to me she was the one who seemed over-bearing, opinionated, fast-tempered and judgmental. At the beginning I sympathized with her, on how she didn't have any choice but to marry a stranger, and then everyone thinks that she's not a virgin anymore, but through most of the book I just wasnted to throttle her neck.

On the other hand, I just wanted to kiss Gareth, he was so sweet and gentlemanly, even though he didn't look it, he was as much of a scholar as her father, and more of a knight than anyone she knew. I hated when she fought him on every turn, especially when it was his area of expertise, she DEMANDS him to ask her permission so that he can do whatever he wanted to do, everything was hers, and she didn't stop and think that she MARRIED now so everything must be shared and they are equal partners.

And Again Gareth was so sweet all the gestures he did for her sake, and the last chapter was the best of all. Oh and his scene with his men after his first time bedding his wife in a bed of rose petals XD

Overall, *thumps up*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment