Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Almost a Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #1) By Elizabeth Essex

Almost a Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #1)Almost a Scandal by Elizabeth Essex
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my first book by Elizabeth Essex, and I have to say it was entertaining, interesting and ... educational.

I liked the passionate nature of the heroine, how she took desperate measure to save her family's honor and to achieve he dream. Cross-dressing you can say in one of my favorite sub-genre's cause the results are always interesting XD and here as well it was.for in a way I understand the subjugation that family and society have on women when their interest are considered a problem because of their gender. Back to the heroine, I liked how she fitted in the ship, how she made a place and a reputation for herself in a matter of days, how she took the younger boys under her wing and took care of her. I have to say the word that comes to mind that would fit her is Tenacious .

In the case of the Hero, he was supposed to give the image of the strict cold commander, yet with time he obviously wasn't cold, he took care of his job, his people, and all that belongs to him. I liked how at the end he was the one who professed his love first, it showed also throughout the book how he deeply cared about her, but I did't really realize and believe at the beginning that in truth he had a crush on her since the start. But it was nice to see their development, even thought her interlude was short lived it was intense, poignant and lovely to read. The scenes their had with their sexual vibes on pull blast was hot, I liked the first conversation they had at the "gunroom" I guess, even though nothing happened.

The moments I really liked other than the sexy scenes, first were after she woke up from her fever and had her conversation with her captain and her teammate, it showed that they cared about her. Also I liked her reunion with her dad it actually made me tear up.

My only regret is that it didn't have an epilogue I would have died to see what would have happened when she goes back on Audacious and all her crew members would react knowing that she was a girl and know their captain's wife XD

The only problem I suffer that it contained plenty of navy and shipping vocabulary that was a bit confusing to understand, but well I fared well I would say ^^

Overall, *thumps up*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment