Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Spring Bride (Chance Sisters, #3) By Anne Gracie

The Spring Bride (Chance Sisters, #3)The Spring Bride by Anne Gracie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Finally!! ^^ I waited a long time for this book, ans when I saw a GR friend currently reading it for an instant I could believe it then I found the book too ^^

I had conflicted feelings toward the heroine in here, for a second I didn't liked her, then I was siding with her, back and forth my feelings went throughout the book, till is settled siding with her at the end. First I have t say she's my least favorite of the Chance sisters, the others have more background, like Abby she was the one who took care of all of them and got them to where they are, Damaris was the other kidnapped girl but who had a knowledge of herbs and a mysterious past, Daisy was the maid of the whorehouse who helped getting them away. But Jane was the beautiful one and kind heart nothing else. At first I didn't like tat she was getting married for materialistic reasons, which obviously didn't help in my view of her, but the thing that started improving her position in my eyes was her meeting with the hero in the alley.

I liked how kind she was, to the animals and people, it was obvious she has a soft heart, but her insistence of having enough money to secure her and her kids future was a bit much. Slowly but surely she saw the flaws in her betrothed, when he said that the dog should die cause he's ugly, when he told her to leave the old lady alone because other people were there, when he was scared for his reputation because she was seen talking to a man with Shabby clothes, and when nearing the end of the book with the final straw he pulled she finally saw reason, Smart girl XD

The hero was nice but I think cute more appropriate, not in looks but behavior. He was the flippant devil may care kind of guy, didn't care about the risk, just wanted to enjoy the moment, but then he clipped his eyes on her and everything changed for him. He wasn't like any of Anne Gracie's heros I have ever read so far, first he wanted to talk to her, then get to know her, then when he discovered that she was betrothed he wanted her permanently, I think his love for her was the fast paced kind, everything went so fast for them. Plus he never lied to her, other than what she might presumed about him depending on his clothes, but he even told her his true occupation. I loved how the people who've known him 12 yrs ago believed in him and had his back, if I was in his place I would have cried shamelessly at court just for the fact that those people believed in him and came over to have his back.

- I liked the hero's interactions with William, I literally laughed so loud that my family thought me crazy.

- I love Lady Bea she's so funny and endearing.

- I loved the hero's interactions with his friend Gil and Jane's family especially his meeting with Lady Bea

- I loved the interactions between the sisters, there wasn't much like the first two books, other than with Jane-Abby and Jane-Daisy.

- I felt bad for Daisy, I noticed throughout the whole book, where Lady Bea pushes her to d something and learn something, but all what Daisy is doing is work, plus I know the next book would be about her, since she's the only remaining Chance sister, but I truly hope she would end up with Flynn, they seemed cute together.

Overall, *thumps up*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment