Saturday, July 11, 2015

Highlander In Her Bed (Highlander, #1) By Allie Mackay

Highlander In Her Bed (Highlander, #1)Highlander In Her Bed by Allie Mackay
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is my first by this author and the story had a unique twist I haven't crossed before.

I liked most stuff but more often than not I seem to be more confused than engrossed.

- The prologue was sad and and tore at my heart, but there was a part I felt that it was weird, somewhere during the conversations they seemed more interested in the bed than anything else, I found it weird and an awkward conv to have before a person dies.

- The unique twist I mentioned before wasn't the ghost aspect I crossed path with that theme before, but it was the relationship between a ghost and a living women of flesh and blood.

- I liked the relationship development between the two main characters, it certainly was scorching from the beginning till nearing the end, plus I know that he had 700 years to quench his animosity toward her ancestors and clan, and of course she had nothing to do with it, but for him to later wear her clan's sporran and name their child after the man who killed him and sullied his name in history ... well I kinda couldn't get how he could do it (maybe I'm more cold-hearted than I thought XD)

- Now to the confusing part, I know the paranormal has plenty of aspects no one can thinks about, but many areas in the book weren't explained right, like how could a ghost materialize and actually touch and have sex, and how can he reach dreams, and how could he turn from a ghost to a man and still be able to conjure objects out of no where and still see other ghosts. These are few of the stuff that didn't make sense to me, and are the reason I gave the rating I picked.

- I liked how they were reunited and was instantly accepted by her people, especially how he kicked it off with her dad, that certainly was fun to watch ^^

- Oh and how her father was when he finally reach Scotland was hilarious and cute

Overall, *thumps side-ways*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment