Sunday, July 12, 2015

Every Night I'm Yours (The Spinster Club, #1) By Christie Kelley

Every Night I'm Yours (The Spinster Club, #1)Every Night I'm Yours by Christie Kelley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my first book by this author (I seem to be checking lots of books for authors who are new to me XD) and I love it.

This book in a way reminds me of Julia Quinn's Bridgertons which is a favorite of mine, and the writing is easy and smooth and the story line and characters were cute ^^

Loved the combination of both the hero and heroine, their chemistry was off the charts XD, I liked how they were comfortable together especially in those two weeks they stayed together, and how the first time he kissed her in the book was cute XD

- I loved the fact that the hero knew he wanted her for her not just simple lust, and his actual purpose was marriage, I liked how he was kind and sweet and understanding.

- I hated the fact that the heroine based all the marriages on the only marriage she observed which was her parents, and obviously it was way less than ideal. But its understandable since at the time the women were a bit confined and didn't get the chance to widen their horizon.

- I liked the fact that mostly everyone supported their relationship and marriage even if one of them denied it. Especially the mom since she acts all stern and commanding but inside she's jumping with joy at the match XD

- I liked how they both had each others back it shows how much their relationship developed and their trust in each other grew.

- I hated the fact that the heroine was stubborn with her denial about the other guy, no matter how many times the hero warns her abut him she still defends him, honestly it was a bit annoying since if you think of it logically you would know that there must be something really wrong with your "friend" if someone keeps warning you about him, plus she started to feel some apprehension toward him yet she still defends and approach him. Yet this still a good thing because the author didn't write a perfect character but a realistic one.

Overall, *thumps up*



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment