Monday, October 19, 2015

The Guardian (Return of the Highlanders #1) By Margaret Mallory

The Guardian (Return of the Highlanders #1)The Guardian by Margaret Mallory
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked the story and the writing reminded me a lot of Monica McCarty, in how the author related it into historical facts.

I liked the prologou and the summary, it was intriguing.

- I liked both the hero and the heroine, both were strong and brave, but I didn't like how the hero thought of the heroine when they were young.

- I liked how meeting the heroine again was like a slap in the face XD he probably deserved it, since he didn't want the heroine in the first place, and now when she's all beautiful he wants her, but the catch here is that she didn't wat him anymore and all the men were fawning over her XD

- I liked how the heroine stood her ground and didn't back off, she knew she was mistreated by the hero emotionally, and she didn't forget and forgive just like that, he needed to work on it and oh boy how she took him in a merry chase XD

- The way the hero kept being ignorant about his actions and their effect were humorous at first but started to get annoying.

Great Ending, but my only problem is that the way it was too factual recieved a negative more my part, because from my experiene when it;s related to facts like in this series or with Monica McCarty the books starts to get more intense and personally I try to avoid intense

Overall, *thumps up*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment