Saturday, December 26, 2015

Sweetest Scoundrel (Maiden Lane, #9) By Elizabeth Hoyt

Sweetest Scoundrel (Maiden Lane, #9)Sweetest Scoundrel by Elizabeth Hoyt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I wanted to wait a bit till the next book is out so that I can calm myself and know that the next book is already out so I won't die of intense anticipation XD

I was intrigued since I learned the identity of the couple, of course we saw pieces of them in the previous books but never together and the differences intrigued me.

- At first I kinda pitied them since I know they would end up together it's an HEA after all because they first met they were like nemesis's but I liked how they developed their relationship to friendship then more

- The thing about Elizabeth Hoyt is that there aren't two books the same, and that's what pulled me toward her Maiden Lane series, there might be similar characteristics in the the characters of different books but that's it, I liked how each story is different and never cliche or predictable, and all this is just so I can say I kinda loved the parts when Asa was teaching and showing her about carnality and the like XD

- I loved Jean-Marie and his devotion to Eve

- Her father was a sick bastard and all his "club" members, truly sick f**s and I don't ever blame her of her trauma of dogs and men, like really who wouldn't, but u also loved that she conquered her fear and now she has a huge pet dog who worships her and entirely devoted to her (which was so cute XD)

- Since her brother was introduced in Apollos book I hated him, but knowing how he protected his sister earned him some points of respect in my book, and I bet all my positions that he was the one who hired or told someone to kill that guy in prison and in this thing I'm totally backing him up.

- I liked how his family instantly welcomed her and how she mended the bridges between them

- At first the relationship between MacLeish and Vogal seemed to radiate rivalry or something but then we saw them having takes and discussions then MacLeish's reaction when Vogal was disappointed in him over the blackmailing from the duke and that was the biggest evidence till we finally saw in the last changer ... Mawahaha (I'm a big supporter of free love so I really enjoyed reading the development XD )

Overall, *thumps up*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment