Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Devil Wears Kilts (Scandalous Highlanders, #1) By Suzanne Enoch

The Devil Wears Kilts (Scandalous Highlanders, #1)The Devil Wears Kilts by Suzanne Enoch
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ok I'm having some conflicting thoughts about this book.

At first I was so looking forward to it, and the beginning was interesting though it took be a bit to get into it, because the narrator made understanding the Scottish dialect a bit hard at first but I got used to it ^^

- I liked the fact that both sides were proud of their origins, especially the hero

- I liked how the heroine was brave and has spunk and could stand toe to toe with the hero

- I didn't like the sister, which is ironic cause I'm looking forward to reading my her story XD and the reason for my slight dislike is that I felt her a bit selfish, the brother would do anything to make her happy yet she ran away, called him a beast all for what some pretty dresses and men to fawn over her?! (I know that a season was important for a girl at those times and the personality differences between me and her might be the biggest reason for my dislike because I would have taken a brother who would do anything for me over pretty dresses any day of the year) especially the scene when her brothers were at gun point she was like there is a ball tomorrow and who would dance with me? And I was like are u f***ing serious?!!

- I liked how the heroine understood the hero and started to defend him and appreciated his actions and every move

- I especially loved the last chapter and how she solves everything I just wished that there was an epilogue XD

Overall, *thumps up*



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment