Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Heir (Reid Family, #1) By Johanna Lindsey

The Heir (Reid Family, #1)The Heir by Johanna Lindsey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really liked this book, and truth be told I had my doubts it would be, but I gladly can admit that I was mistaken.

The story itself was splendidly done, and I loved all the characters, Johanna Lindsey had a way that made us love all the characters, my favorites were both grandfathers but I have to admit that I liked Neville more, Rafe of course, and lastly the main couple.

Sabrina was my favorite character of all in here, she was just so full of life and love, she liked people and people liked her back. I liked how she was comfortable with men, not the type to shy away or flirt shamelessly, but the type that makes everyone comfortable around her men and women alike. I felt sorry for her when everyone including herself kept going on about the only friends idea, and loved the parts that came after Duncan had convinced that he really truly loves her for herself.

Duncan in a way was an amusing character, he was like a puppet in his grandfathers hands wanting him to get married and stuff, but he was not fully in the controlled element, he just bared with it and went with the follow, and what I found mostly amusing were his every interaction with Rafe and how at the end he admitted that they were friends but pretended that it was reluctantly just for appearances sake. It was evident since the beginning he was attracted or at least intrigued by Sabrina he was just a bit of an idiot for not realizing sooner.

- I liked how both grandfathers kept on bickering, liking each other but not wanting to admit as such XD

- I almost cried at the end when Duncan embraced and finally accepted Neville and they were embracing so hard.

- I hated Ophelia, even though I'm curious about Rafe's story but since I read the blurb that it included Ophelia I think I'm gonna pass. To tell the truth, I don't want to read about her, her actions were just too appealing, maybe I will check the other books but I doubt I will read hers.

Overall, *thumps up*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment