Monday, December 29, 2014

When Passion Rules By Johanna Lindsey

When Passion RulesWhen Passion Rules by Johanna Lindsey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was one kind of book that even through the characters it made me feel that it's so far-fetched a bit, but I loved every second of it, ok some moments it made me feel annoyed and frustrated.

The whole idea of a long lost princess raised by an assassin wasn't an original but I liked it her, cause Poppy was the character I liked the most, of course I liked Alana too. But mostly I felt sorry for her, suddenly being told that she's a princess and she must travel thousands of miles to claim her place as some country's princess was so unbelievable. Yet she believed Poppy and went with him, but what I hated most was the part when she met with Christoph and she tried countless times to make him believe her and him not doing that, I really hated him for it, and it was the only dim thing in this whole story that I didn't like.

As I said before I liked Poppy very much, that even when I finished the book I kept on thinking of wanting my very own Poppy, and one that I won't change a thing about, a foreign eccentric kind-hearted former assassin who would teach all kinds of things and love me with all his heart.

I loved Alana's meeting with Christoph's family, she fitted right away, and her meeting with her father almost brought tears to my eyes, but I admit that the almost was a very reluctant one, because some of the previous books I read with father and long-lost daughter meeting's were more potent than this, yet this had it's own charm.

Overall, *thumps up* my only regret is that this book didn't include an epilogue, for I wanted to know how both Alana and Christoph would settle in to married life, I want to know what will happen to Poppy and see more of father-daughter moments (with both fathers actually)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment