Sunday, January 4, 2015

A Kingdom of Dreams (Westmoreland, #1) By Judith McNaught

A Kingdom of Dreams (Westmoreland, #1)A Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Honestly this is the first book that made be hate the Scots. This is my first books by Judith McNaught and I have to say this book was full of excitement and turmoil and bigger dose of angst.

In this book I didn't like or dislike the characters, but aspects of their personalities or some of the things they have done that made me feel frustrated. Like I preferred the Hero over the Heroine here cause she is so blinded by her loyalty to her clan that she ignores her true thoughts, jumps to the wrong conclusions or behave based on misinformation. Even the Hero wasn't a saint he had his faults as well but they were minor to his hurts, he like the Heroine based some of his actions on misinformation, but most of his actions were kind toward her. Even though they were both betrayed or supposedly betrayed several times, he suffered more than she did, and I almost cried for his pain and anguish at the end both the physical and the emotional ones.

Though this book contained more angst than to my liking (Which is none at all, I prefer happy books^^) it still contained humorous elements, like Aric he's my favorite character in here and the Aunt XD oh the aunt was surly something else, there moments together were amazing. Although Aric didn't speak much he emits an aura that compels to the characters and the readers, I loved the bearish hug he gave the Heroine at the end of the book, it was his first sign of gentleness or even minor liking toward her, and the look he gave the aunt when she gave him his Christmas gift for a second I thought he would go on his knees and pay her homage, I bet if she left somewhere he would follow her like how he followed the Hero.

Overall, *thumps up* I'm looking forward to the next book, cause it's the one I honestly wanted to read in this series

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment