Thursday, January 29, 2015

Lord of Darkness (Maiden Lane, #5) By Elizabeth Hoyt

Lord of Darkness (Maiden Lane, #5)Lord of Darkness by Elizabeth Hoyt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Finally! I had a hard time finding the audio-book for this book, but now I have it and I finished it ^^

- First I have to say I liked the Harlequin short story in this book more than the previous book XD

- I liked the main characters, well all the characters in fact, even the Dragoon captain who acted like an overbearing bear most of the series. But Godric was my favorite, since book one anyone could see the love he had for his wife and how losing her affected him, but throughout this book they showed us the steps he had t take to be happy, first his denial to feel anything for his wife, then the jealousy toward any man who even looked at his wife, then slowly he opened up to her. His development was nice and it showed it wasn't in anyway betraying his love for his first wife.

- The thing I hated the most was concerning the heroine, she was a nice cheery person, she fell in love with a man and lost her virginity to him, then he died, thus she married Godric. But most of the story even though she started to feel something fr her husband, and the feelings started to grow deeper and deeper, she refused to acknowledge them as love, because in her eyes she already had her true love, and she kept on repeating that if she felt anything toward Godric it would be a betrayal to her dead love, That what pissed me off. Both of them lost loved ones, but he overcame that obstacle so that he can focus on the living rather than the dead, but she focused on the dead man than the kind husband she has.

- I just wanted to tell her can't she just look around her, that their is more than one love for some people, many people around her were in their second marriages and they were happy, and I honestly thought that her behavior toward him was a bit cruel, wanting him only for his semen and then leaving him.

- The small glimpses that they gave us about the heroine of the next book got me more and more curious about her and her twin brother.

- I liked how finally he reconciled with his step-mother, like his wife I wanted him to see that he's loved and cared about.

Overall, *thumps up*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment