Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane, #2) By Elizabeth Hoyt

Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane, #2)Notorious Pleasures by Elizabeth Hoyt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is another great book by the lovely Elizabeth Hoyt ^^

I have to say I'm starting to fall in love with the Maiden Lane series, even it's not full of happy events or laughter but it still has it's intriguing and brilliant moments, the only thing that might be not to my liking is that the events that send dread up your spine, knowing something bad is going to happen or everything is going to crumble apart happens more often than not in this series, if only it would decease and instead there would be more hilarious and lovely moments.

In here I loved both the Hero and the Heroine, and immensely disliked both brothers of the couple. First the Hero's brother was a complete ass, he faultily believed that his brother had an affair with his wife, he kept on degrading him about everything, and eventually slapped the Heroine when she told him the truth and refused the engagement, AND refused to back down when he know that his brother loves her. while in truth he's just a pompous ass who uses the money his brother raised so his family doesn't go bankrupt without any remorse while at the same time keeps n saying that his brother is useless, plus his this with his mistress is irritating, I'm afraid if I'm going to start on that issue I would be done, so to sum the Hero's brother up, he's a total ass. Now to the Heroine's brother, the duke, in his case he's a halfhearted jerk, he had his kind moments, but most of the time he acts cold to everyone even his family, and later when he told to heroine that she's still going to marry the brother, I hated him for that.

But I liked the interaction between the main couple, they were such polar opposites on the surface, but deep down they had some kind of connection or understanding that didn't necessary comes from similarities, they just had it. I liked how desperately they felt about each other too, it showed such potent emotions. And I have to say I liked the Hero's mom, she seems the type of mom who knows what her son's are doing and doesn't mind, you know that type that sometimes shock you with her info when she speaks to you so openly about them XD

Overall, *thumps up* I'm looking forward to the following books, Silence's story had been developing since the first book.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment