Saturday, February 21, 2015

Cruel Beauty By Rosamund Hodge

Cruel BeautyCruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Many people recommended this book to me, from GR's and out. I have to say that it was an amazing story and certainly a bit different from what I usually read.

Cruel Beauty is a fictional fantasy romance a but a girl who since childhood was raise to kill her future husband, and the story begins one day before the wedding. I have to say I annoyed my friend relentlessly to dig up some spoilers (I'm a spoiler lover) but she stingy. So all I could was develop theories about the characters and their origin; because the main characters were the mystery to me, like Who is Shade? Who is Ignifex? What's their relation? Who will she end up with? and man I developed theories a lot XD

The story was a twist from a couple, mainly the beauty and the beast, and one reviewer wrote it also have hints of Rumpelstiltskin and Blue Beard, and that is true too. At first like the Heroine I hated Ignifex "The Gentle Lord" but I started to like and love him, since the start he gave me the impression of a tussled-haired charmingly boyish teenager XD

I have to admit I can't remember where I hated that many characters in a book. First I hated the Father and the Aunt, then Ignifex, then Shade, then the sister, and then Nyx. But to make things clear I didn't hate them all through the book but on some parts.

It was an interesting and enthralling read, and some of the mysteries were still not answered properly I think, but that's just another charm of this book. I loved the ending, but hated that the book didn't contain an epilogue, it definitely needs one: Like how will she explain to everyone that she came back home with the guy? or how will they react if they knew his real identity? or is she ever going to tell them? ( I was plagued by these questions for hours)

Overall, *thumps up*

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. This has been sitting in my "to be read" pile since last year but never tossed it because it sounds so intriguing based on the book's description. Does this book end on one of those bad cliffhangers? The kind where a few things really need to be explained at least but never are (such as in a last book of a series or a stand alone book).

    ReplyDelete