Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Duchess in Love (Duchess Quartet, #1) by Eloisa James

Duchess in Love (Duchess Quartet, #1)Duchess in Love by Eloisa James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First I want to say it took me a long while to finish this book because I was busy adjusting to my work (I'm new at it^^)

You can say I didn't have any practically favorite characters, but instead I had favorites stories. From my perspective I divided the book to 3 segments, one is the main story that's focused on the main couple, our esteemed Duke and his Duchess. Two was about her best friend Lady Esme and the fiancee the Marquess, three is her other friend Lady Carola and Tuppy. I liked the first and last ones. It was nice to see the development between the married couple, like the main ones who were married for 12 yrs! but havent seen each other all this time, only to realize that each one became a paragon of beauty in each other's eye. the Third couple was the most adorable and foolish couple, and I liked how the author shed light of the other couples without stealing the light from the main ones. However the second couple were the one I honestly found distasteful, not from a story or writing perspective, but from a personal one, like I can't imagine my fiancee being together with my own best friend! since the beginning I hated the Marquess, he was such a hypocrite and oh-so-self-righteous like it was fine for him to flirt with the best friend but it wasn't fine for his betrothed to flirt with her own husband?!

- Oh yeah one of the most amusing and awkward scenes that kinda stuck to me was the introduction, since then I kept wondering didn't the heroine feel awkward introducing the men to each other one as her husband and the other as her fiance?

- I have to say the scene when Esme's husband died I shed couple of tears and literally couldn't see what I have been reading.

I way things ended were nice and smooth, I liked the epilogue and it showed us that Esme had her baby like Gina ^^

Overall, *thumps up*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment