Tuesday, February 24, 2015

My Contradictory Feelings In Books

Don't you have some conflicted feelings toward book? like when you finish a book you feel both happy and melancholy? or when you reach a certain chapter you want to continue but afraid of what might come next? Well these Do happen to me.

Case One: (When finishing a book)

Mostly after I finish some books I feel either:

Satisfied and Happy


Melancholy

Excited about the sequel (if there is one)

I just can't help these conflicted emotions, I'm happy for the characters that they found their HEA and that I reached the end of the book, but later I turn melancholy because I feel like I lost a best friend, or because I don't know what to read next.

Case Two: (Trepidation in the middle of a book)

Don't you sometime feel nervous or hesitant to continue reading, knowing the book with have a HEA not withstanding? Depending on the book I think I feel it a lot recently. Like I'm reading but you have a feeling, you just Know that something bad is going to happening t ruin their happiness and crumble any progress the characters might have done, well that makes me nervous and start feeling bad myself,, which also makes me take a break from reading.




So far those why sometimes when I read a book I'm either slow as a snail or as if I was in a car race, flying through the pages ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment