Friday, February 27, 2015

Whisper Falls (Destiny, #3) By Toni Blake

Whisper Falls (Destiny, #3)Whisper Falls by Toni Blake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Okay this is my first novel by Toni Blake and I have to say WOW! I'm not much of a contemporary fan, but from time to time some books intrigue and attract me, and of course it apply to this book.

I'm so much into the gap of a huge tough guy with the petite pretty girl (I'm a small stature person, so it keeps in a positive mind, maybe I will find my huge tough handsome guy XD). Personally I loved ever second of this book, I liked both the Hero and the Heroine, they both faced hardships that came in different forms and get passed them. I have to say I liked Tessa, she was the typical angel in here, the petite angel who saves his life and soul, but the author didn't picture her cheesy or cliche she was amazingly solid and normal, and I'm describing her in these two words because yeah she's an angel but she's real not some conjured up fantasy. I know it's bit confusing, but in a way I kind of connected to Tessa, yeah she's just a character not a real person, but she seemed real to me.

I liked the Hero as well, Lucky was simply the sweet and cheeky tough guy, I loved how he painted for her, her own helmet, how he made a daisy chain for her, and what he did for her at the end. Maybe the only regret I had in this book, was his hesitation to pursue Tessa at the beginning, and how thing wounded up between them nearing the end. I'm just glad he solved both cases. Lucky was such an amazing guy, both as a dad and a lover, I'm a sucker for tough guys with mellow hearts and lucky was exactly that, the way he went about it to create his sons room, how he took care of her when she was sick, and Oh lets not forget their loving making, it was hot hot hot! especially the outdoors XD Okay I'm not saying it's my first time reading about I couple who did it outside, there is plenty of those scenes in HR but in contemporary I guess this is a first for me ^^

- What I liked as well how things eventually worked out for Lucky and his connection to his family and rest of the town, though I was put out at first that his brothers didn't react as his parents, but I liked how eventually the worked it out between them.

Overall, *thumps up*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment