Sunday, March 29, 2015

Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1) By R.L. Mathewson

Playing for Keeps (Neighbor from Hell, #1)Playing for Keeps by R.L. Mathewson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book has instantly jumped to my favorite list

It has the best combination there is, I honestly found it by accident then received recommendations from my GR friends about it, and THANK THE LORD I found it!!! it's just that amazing and cool plus it was so funny I had a hard time not to laugh when I was at work today, and you could rarely see me without a smile today.

The Heroine was a kick-ass kind of woman, the kind I was be like except with her stubborn and over dramatic way regarding her hurt feelings because of the hero, in my case I would have went another direction. I liked how comfortable she was with the hero after their tumbling start, weeeeell the five years they knew each other before they got to know each other doesn't count in my book. I liked the ball game scene and how he kept saving her from assholes of dates. I felt she was cool in her casual way, and kinda get her, cause I'm also like the black sheep of the family (The female part) and they keep at me like they kept at her, with her looks and weight and all that bullshit. Anyway, I found her so natural and instantly lovable, especially that carnival scene you can clearly see that she went all out there XD

The hero in my books is so adorable and cute that it truthfully tops the hotness in him (shocking I know XD) but who can blame me after reading this book. It mainly was about his food obsession, he was cute in every scene any food was mentioned in that I just couldn't help loving him. One thing I felt sorry for him was how everyone kept saying that he wasn't good enough for her, her family and his. I loved how he got her back with the idiots who wanted to score with the heroine, but his ways doing those were a bit extreme and funny and he kinda deserved the shaving XD The scenes I love the most is when he fights over the food, either with his friends, or dad, especially his dad, I kinda wanted to cuddle them all. I liked how he tried to get her to understand at the end that they are supposed to be together, how desperate he was, but at the time to tell the truth she was a bitch. But later she was WOW, the chair scene at the end in my books got the message through that she and him are one for always.

- Loved the Grandma

- Loved the fighting scene between him and his best friend over her, and at the end his friend told him he better kick his ass cause he can't stop ogling her XD

- Fell in love with the epilogue, this one was totally my type, the type that shows that they lived happily for a long long long time. I liked how the kids were exactly like him, how he felt betrayed when they didn't share the food with him, how his best friend got together with her best friend.

Overall, *thumps up* totally worth the read, and gets a big recommendation from me ^^








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment