Monday, March 9, 2015

Reinventing Mel (Hellion MC #2) By J.A. Hornbuckle

Reinventing Mel (Hellion MC #2)Reinventing Mel by J.A. Hornbuckle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm developing a serious thing for bikers here, and this is my only MC series so far XD

Like the previous book I liked this one too, even both the hero and heroine here were different from the one's in the previous book, they were still amazing.

Lulu was cute in a way iconic and unique, because since she left her family, and gained her independence, she pushed to gain her true self. I liked how she was with Mel but I felt sorry for her most of the time, first because of Mel then because of her dad. she was a strong heroine, but her strength was of a different kind and look from Dallas, the heroine of the previous book, Lulu's strength was in a way hidden behind the feminine looks and the fluffy petticoats, but it was all the same, strength of both mind and heart.

At first I instantly fell in love with Mel, he was just the perfect package of a guy cute, gentlemanly, hot, kind etc ... But he produced one problem, he went from his one night with Lulu as the virgin boy, to the very next day experiencing a threesome and later an exhibitionist show of a sort. I hated him for that, how could her be this callous, and the very next day it felt like a slap to lulu's face and pride as a woman. But at least he tried and did redeem himself to her good graces. I liked the parts were he had connected with his brother at last, their short one word or sentence conversations that conveyed lots of emotions.

My most favorite thing here wasn't the connection between the main couple, but their relationship with the hellion, especially in Lulu's case, the council members of the hellions were obvious in showing how much they cared about their little receptionist, in the way they took care of all her problems, in the way they stood behind her when she faced her ex, in the way they tried to save her from her ex, in the way they saved her from her kidnappers, and finally in the way they crowded her hospital room. I loved how when she thanked them they were all shy and uncomfortable with her appreciation, and how the author painted the picture that they had lumps in their throats without actually saying the words was a good touch that shows a great writer.

Overall, *thumps up* I just loved these books and can't wait for the next

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment