Sunday, May 31, 2015

Between the Devil and Desire (Scoundrels of St. James, #2) By Lorraine Heath

Between the Devil and Desire (Scoundrels of St. James, #2)Between the Devil and Desire by Lorraine Heath
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved Jack, and the touch of a single parent theme is melting ^^

- Jack was wonderful, of course I had my doubts about him since the first book, since no one seemed t trust him fully even the Feagan's Lads didn't except for Luke and we have see what that had turned into. However unlike the heroine I didn't base judgments n him from what I heard about him, I was just curious about him. I was slightly annoyed with the heroine till half way through the book, she was so judgmental ALWAYS thinking the worst of him, always thinking he's the one at fault, always assuming he was the one who did the wrong, even the first scene when they first met, she kept having this one sided conversation about his wicked bad life and all he did was sit in the chair and ignore her, But I'm glad she saw the mistake in her actions and righted her behavior.

He was so lovely with Henry, and since the beginning I sensed the connection between them that they realized at the end of the book. I liked how he was attuned to Henry's behavior and fears, how he paid bags of money just so the boy can have a moments of joy. I liked his protectiveness toward the boys, because his experience is something that no boy should experience, it's just unnatural and plainly sick.

- I liked the heroine, she was ok. I liked how she was devoted to her son, but her insistence on propriety was annoying, I liked her much more on the second half of the book, specifically after they fired the old nanny, that's when they started to develop their camaraderie. I loved her at the end, when they ended up together, how she was fiercely loyal to jack and is ignoring society and its dictates.

- I loved the loyalty between the Feagan brood, they were together from thin to thick and back.

- I loved the relationship that developed between Jack and Henry, the hero worship in the boy's eyes was evident, and I loved the imitating scene at the dinner table.

Overall, *thumps up*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment