Sunday, June 21, 2015

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4) By Richelle Mead

Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The action keeps escalating from a book to the next and so far this one has been full of action.

- The thing I think I liked the most was the part where Rose was together with Dimitri's family, the whole part was lovely and cute with how accepted she was, and yet so painful with her delivering the news about Dimitri and all the recollection that she and all of them were doing about him. But overall I loved how they embraced her into their family and everyone keeps telling her that it was no surprise he loved her and her being here was normal like she belonged there with them.

- I liked how Rose found the Shadow-kissed pair and finally found someone who understands what she's going through, somehow it was reassuring that she wasn't alone in that situation. Plus they were a lovely couple XD

- I liked how Rose wsa so hardcore and was in commander status with the unpromised group killing and interrogating strogoi XD

- Dimitri *sigh* had his moments, some moments he was sweet and understanding especially that moments when they talked about his family, but he keeps growing more creepy by the second, giving her jewelry, using her as some kind of a bloodwhore excluding the sex, and taunting her with it. At first I was mad at Rose for keeping up with it, and I wanted her to snap out of it sooner, and when she did realize what she has been doing for the last couple of days I was proud of her. Plus his twisted logic wasn't helping at first he was gonna wait for her to turn by choose, then gave her a deadline and then either she choose to or he turn her by force, and at the end he wanted to kill her, his obsession with her was kinda creepy and scary.

- Avery was a whole different story, even without the spoilers, I didn't like her since the beginning, she had that slimy snake like attitude, and plus Lissa only got worse after she arrived so it wasn't hard t figure out. And I loved the mental battle thing and how awesome it was for Rose to communicate with Lissa through her mind.

- I knew that Abe was Rose's father and the scene where he was saying goodbye to her at the airport and the scarf thingy was cute, but the second she realized that at the ending was totally amusing and hilarious.

- I liked the whole part when she got back to school, how she was reunited with Lissa, how she hugged everyone, how she and Lissa talked things out of their system for hours, and her reunion with her mom too was cute, and how her mom kept talking fondly about her dad, which I found somehow strange since they weren't married and he has been out of their lives for 18 yrs. Plus how the school wanted her back.

- Plus that creepy tune for that the audiobook has for when Rose has this queasy feeling before a strogoi approaches is so surreal that every single time I'm creeped out

Overall, *thumps up*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment