Thursday, June 18, 2015

Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) By Richelle Mead

Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)Frostbite by Richelle Mead
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I know some people would think I might ruin the book for myself when I read spoilers, and sometimes I might agree with them, but not here, aaaaaand it's not like I can help it, I just have to know some basic facts before starting a book or a series, and sometimes more than just basic facts XD

I knew from the start what's going to happen in this book, the bad stuff and the worse stuff, but it still didn't detract from it's essence XD (A bit fancy I know but that's the truth) and the good part was even if I knew stuff the summary I read was just that a summary of the book with the main events highlighted not the whole thing. For one thing I didn't know we will get the chance to meet her mom.

- I think I prefered the previous book to this one since it looked more darker. I didn't liked how Lissa wasn't how she used t be with Rose, just because she got herself a boyfriend it didn't mean you can neglect the people who care about you and have risked their lives for you, because that's what I have seen here, she basically ignored Rose and whenever Rose wanted to vent to her or talk they end up talking about Lissa which I know is Rose's fault as well but it still bugged me.

- I didn't liked Rose much here too, with the jealousy part, I knew why she hooked up with Mason and I'm glad she realized what she's doing to him is wrong, but here in this book she seems to be engulfed in darker emotions, for frequently than naught.

- I was surprised that we would get introduced to the mother so soon but I liked the interactions between them and how it ended at the book, with the white flag and all.

- I liked that Mia got closer to their circle, and I hope we see more of her with them in the other books

- The most important part to me was the last fight scene at the end of the book, I liked Mason since book one, how he really did care about Rose and how he understood her and did things for, and when I saw how he died I just couldn't stop crying, the whole scene I just can picture it happening right in front of me and I cried and cried. Him lying of the ground motionless, Rose not believing and dispassionately killing the two strogoi and then ending up being alone with him not letting anyone close to him lying on his chest I just felt pain and pain and more pain.

Overall, *thumps up*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment