Saturday, June 6, 2015

When the Duke Was Wicked (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #1) By Lorraine Heath

When the Duke Was Wicked (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #1)When the Duke Was Wicked by Lorraine Heath
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Lorraine Heath, book by devastatingly beautiful book is becoming one of my favorite authors, the type I put in my mind on a pedestal, the type that their writing contain all the elements I love in books.

This is my second series by her, after reading The Scoundrels of St.James, which was a beautiful series about the parents of the heroes or heroines of this book.

- I love the originality of her dilemmas how she bring to light issues that people tend to ignore because it doesn't concern them or their immediate circle.

- In here I found the hero a very stubborn man, keeps on repeating the same mantra again and again, that he can't love again. But to me it sounded as a warning or a reminder that it's not like he's not capable of loving another woman it's that he's not allowed to, to honor his died wife and child. I'm glad for the appearance of the heroine in his life, in a way that the author pictured perfectly he started to move, even though he was rusted and creaking but he moved.

- The heroine here was wild and daring, she knew about rules but deliberately sought to break them, she was quiet the feminist. She was bold and again daring, from the hints since the beginning of the book, I sensed that she was being daring for a reason like she doesn't have enough time and she wants to try everything. After finishing the book I admire her, her survival at what she suffered during her time wasn't something should be taken lightly, and how she faced everything head on was something truly to be admired and sought to achieve.

- I liked their awkward and humorous conversation about the male anatomy XD

- I liked the moments that all the people from parents to siblings to cousins were included in this book, in a way I'm seeing all the characters from The Scoundrels of St.James through a time skip and I know that the couples lived for long and were happy.

- I loved Lorraine Heath's epilogues, I love how it shows us that the couple lived together for a long time and were happy, that they were still together through thick and thin, that they had their children and saw them grow up, that they did grow grey and old together.

Overall, *thumps up*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment