Monday, July 13, 2015

Trail of Kisses (Hot on the Trail, #1) By Merry Farmer

Trail of Kisses (Hot on the Trail, #1)Trail of Kisses by Merry Farmer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is another book by a new author to me but this one is a bit special ^^ since I was approached by Badass Marketing to write an honest review about it to support the launch of the 6th book in the series ^^ (And it's the first time for me to receive such a request I obviously was over the moon XD)

I liked the characters in the book and especially the hero he was kind and funny and overprotective but not necessarily in an alpha-caveman kind of way ^^. The heroine was bold as brass and I liked that about her, but I also have to admit she is the sole reason I gave it 4 stars, if your read my previous reviews you know that I attracted to all aspects of the book from story line to characters, and I pay special attention to the characters XD so the heroine in this book though she was bold but at the same time she pissed me off couple of times because of her foolishness and her hardheaded stubbornness, but I kept hope that she might redeem herself in my eyes at the end and I'm glad I gave her the benefit of the doubt XD she certainly proved me right.

- I liked how the couple started of their Trail of Kisses on the stream that scene was super cute ^^

- I felt sorry for the heroine at the first scene when she had to say goodbye to her father, but then she totally changed to the stubborn women that refuse to listen to sanity but I liked their banter and how the hero deliberately loses most times just so that the heroine would have the sense of satisfaction she gets at besting him.

- I liked the hero very much, he was understanding and amusing and certainly honest, since who admits to looking at a women's bottom when asked by the owner of that bottom XD Plus I liked how he used any excuse he can get to "keep his eyes on her" XD And he was a very honorable man, the type who without any hesitation takes the blame of any problem that he or his charge did, I noticed something as well most Western books have men who are eager to be married while Regency England men try to avoid it like the plague and since this is obviously western I was glad with the enthusiasm of the hero and a bit sad for him since the heroine certainly took him on a roller coaster ride.

- I crosses paths with Trial related books before but never with this much events and details, and I have to say it was very enlightening how the people are together, the variety, the comradeship, and the gossip. I liked the fact that she made friends and the idea of an older women who took them under her wing, these people weren't ones to judge like the rest, plus I liked the scene when they were looking for a husband for one of the heroine friends, this precise scene was nice since it hinted abut future couples.

- I liked the familiarity and the comfort that the couple found in each other , with the simplest touch they lifted spirits up and reassured hearts and minds.

- Regarding the culprit I suspected him since the beginning though it wasn't obvious but logically he was the one who was there all the time, especially whenever any incident happens.

- Loved the epilogue, and I always wondered how would the family's reaction would be when they end up together.

Overall, *thumps up*





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment