Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Heartbreaker (Buchanan-Renard, #1) By Julie Garwood

Heartbreaker (Buchanan-Renard, #1)Heartbreaker by Julie Garwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh boy *sigh*

Julie Garwood is the first writer that introduced me to romance books through "The Bride" and since then she was my top favorite author EVER, not one of the favorites but THE favorite ^^ I've been biased to her Historical novels and refused to read her contemporary work since it was thriller-like, but oh boy what have I been missing.

(BTW this is going to be my first review to one of her books, even though I read all her historical works and some even have memorized by heart, but I have read them before I started to write reviews so it kinda felt wrong, first impressions and all that, and anyway her works are all high up in a pedestal in my eyes)

I liked both characters, and it was kinda weird to read a contemporary book written by Julie Garwood, but it was amazing, the suspense part was maybe what I liked best, I couldn't figure out the bad guy till the very end when the hero did, though I suspected him of something else XD (The dog murderer; since he was the only one of the workers who helped the only lady and suddenly at that so I thought he might feel guilty for killing at dog but I never did suspect him as our main psychopath)

The hero was target oriented and I liked that he was honest to a fault telling her that they are going to get hot and heavy, though my only disappointment is that they didn't get as much action as I though, since in her historical works the chemistry and attraction between the couples were off the charts. The heroine was the selfless kind, helps when needed and even volunteered to put her self as bait so he won't kill another one instead and I liked how she didn't bulk, but faced every issue head on, whether it was her brothers disease or the psychopath or even the hero's feelings.

- I liked hearing familiar names like Buchanan and Clayborne since I have read them in her historicals and started imagining maybe these guys are their descendants and stuff like that they certainly left a good background as legacy ^^

- I liked the relationship that ran around the couple like with the brother of the heroine, you cans see he is close to both and he cares about them and vice versa, plus with the other FBI agent, and the boss, and the hero's family, and especially the two old ladies ^^

- I liked the teasing that went on around the hero, whether it was his boss or friend or brother and all were about the heroine

- The airplane phobia was a cute touch ^^

- The ending was cute and made me satisfied even if the book didn't contain an epilogue XD

Overall *thumps up*


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment