Thursday, July 23, 2015

Mercy (Buchanan-Renard, #2) By Julie Garwod

Mercy (Buchanan-Renard, #2)Mercy by Julie Garwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*sigh*

Personally I haven't expected that I would like Ms. Garwood's contemporary work this much, I felt it was thriller like full of suspense and action, and since it is that yet it didn't give me the annoyed feeling I usually get when I read suspense, usually it's either run or get killed but in this series the characters had a pretense more pronounce than the suspense itself and I liked that cause they are the people who are living in that suspense.

- I disliked one thing in this book and that was how it focused a big part f it on the villains which I found unusual, since her first one in this series and The Bride had something in-common regarding the villains which is giving tidbits about the villains inner dialogue and only revealing his identity at the very end of the book, but in here she introduced them at the very beginning and went to more detail about them.

- I liked the cozy small town, with the naive good-hearted people, I especially like Big Daddy, and the fact that the whole town calls him that even the men, oh and the scene where the hero reprimanded himself saying that they even got him thinking of the man as Big Daddy that was hilarious XD

- I liked the coaching idea, and how the kids and town folk took to him right away, and the scene where at the end that kid ran to him for comfort and nearly landing him on his ass was heartwarming

- I liked that the hero was the take-action type since if he wasn't that then they certainly would have died

- I loved the last part and the epilogue and the hero certainly was impatient XD and the heroine was a stubborn women who was in constant denial

Overall, *thumps up*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment