Saturday, July 25, 2015

Slow Burn (Buchanan-Renard, #5) By Julie Garwood

Slow Burn (Buchanan-Renard, #5)Slow Burn by Julie Garwood
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ms. Garwood's contemporary work is vastly enthralling and I'm loving all the mystery in it.

What I love about this series is the amazing unexpected twists it contains, and the fact that it's not predictable. Usually I can sense the bad guy from the beginning or the middle of the book, but in this series I didn't know till the author herself revealed his identity, and I think this shows how much of a great writer she is.

- The relationship between the main characters was amusing, one second they try to act cold to each other, the next they are over each other trying to tear their clothes off, and the next they act like friends. The fact that the hero knew what he wanted from the beginning was great, he's not the type to be in denial or misery like the heroine but he welcomed it with a shit eating grin XD

- I liked the sub characters, from the sisters to the flamboyant friend, he was amusing the most XD

- I loved the story itself about the heroine getting blown up wherever she went and still they didn't know about the reason for the attempts most of the book.

- I loved the twist about the bomber contacting her to help her, it certainly wasn't expected and it was entertaining.

- I liked the fact that everyone around them turned to the hero for permission or decision making regarding the heroine as if he was her "handler" XD

Overall, *thumps up*




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment