Friday, December 18, 2015

Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast By Robin McKinley

Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the BeastBeauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast by Robin McKinley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Since forever Beauty and the Beast was my favorite Fairy Tale from Disney that's why I'm always looking for retell stories or any other indication that it has a hint of beauty and the beast.

I liked this Retelling, because it kinda like the original but sheds a new view in to things or showing us another way that the story can be as it is but in a different storyline.

- I liked the Beast so much, he was so gentlemanly and kind.

- I liked Beauty and her family, especially the father, beauty as a character was a typical bluestocking who has an inferior complex because of her two beautiful sisters, but after her entering the beasts castle there were some changes, well she started off as being a bit girly XD and sometimes she was enjoying herself and the next she was having a panic attack.

- I liked the wind nursemaids XD especially when they fought with her over dresses.

- I would have prefered that we could have he story through both Beauty and the Beast point of view since I wanted to know how he reacted to her or his thoughts of her actions and such. (view spoiler)

- I would have loved an epilogou especially after the ending we got, like knowing how her family will react to the real man under the beast's skin...or fur.

Overall, *thumps up*

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment